Help is here
We understand you are under pressure and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to access help. However, in order for us to run the food bank effectively, we do need to request you seek a referral and provide some basic details so that we can help you.
Accessing the Food Bank
To access the food bank you will need to be referred by one of our referral partners. They will ask you to fill in a referral application form. You can request referral via the following institutions:
- Churches – Bisley, West End & Lightwater
- Parish Councils – Bisley, West End & Lightwater
- Doctors Surgeries^ – Bisley & West End & Lightwater
- Schools* – Bisley, Holy Trinity, Hammond Jr, Valley End, Winston Churchill, Gordon’s & Collingwood College
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Social Services
- WEB Care
- Your Sanctury (Women’s refuge, Woking)
- Surrey Voluntary Services
- Surrey Heath Borough Council
- The Kite Academy Trust
- Home-Start Surrey Heath
*school pupils and immediate families
What is in a food parcel?
As stock in the food bank is reliant on community donations, food parcel contents may vary from week to week. However a typical parcel will contain:
- Pasta sauce
- Tinned beans / vegetables
- Tinned meat
- Tinned fruit
- Tea or coffee
- Breakfast cereals
- How long will I receive support for?
- Access to the food bank will be for three weeks at a time. If support is required beyond three weeks, individuals/families can seek a repeat referral.
- When and how often will I receive a food parcel?
- You will receive two food parcels a week to cover 3/4 days at a time. There will be two set delivery days a week and you will be informed of these once you have been enrolled.
- What if I have dietary requirements?
- The food bank relies on donations from the community so we are somewhat limited by what we have in stock. However, for allergies and intolerances, we will do our very best to accommodate your dietary requirements. Please note these on your referral form.
- I need toiletries/sanitary/cleaning products. Can you provide these?
- Yes, where we have these items in stock, we will be happy to provide them. Please let us know your requirements when you are referred.
- I have a baby. Can you help me with baby products?
- We will do everything we can to supply nappies, wipes and baby milk if required. Please note this on your referral form.
- I have a pet and struggling to feed them. Can you help?
- We will try to help with pet food where possible and where we have received donations from the community. Please note what pet(s) you have on your referral form.
Further questions? Feel free to contact us with questions and we’ll do our best to answer them as quickly as possible.
Here to support you in your time of need